Chicken Fried Mushroom & Pancake Stack (Air Fryer)
Get ready to have a fungi-licious time with these Chicken Fried Mushroom & Pancake Stacks! Perfectly crisp and golden, this recipe will have you saying "I've got mush-room for more".
- 500g mushrooms, cleaned (saffron milk caps/pine or oyster mushrooms work best)
- 1 pack Rub & Grub Original Fried Chicken Coating
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Your favourite pancake batter
- Maple syrup
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 190°C degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, add 1/3 of the Rub & Grub Original Fried Chicken Coating. Add the milk and whisk until it forms a nice batter.
- In a second shallow bowl, add the remaining Rub & Grub Original Fried Chicken Coating.
- Coat the mushrooms first in batter, then in the fried chicken coating. Repeat this for a double coating.
- Place the coated mushrooms in a single layer in the air fryer then drizzle with olive oil. Place the basket in the air fryer.
- Cook at 190ºC for 8 minutes then turn over and cook for another 8 minutes until the mushrooms are crisp and golden.
- Prepare your favourite pancake batter according to its instructions.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Cook until the bubbles on the surface begin to pop and the edges are set, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Make a stack alternating between the pancakes and chicken fried mushrooms.
- Drizzle the stacks with maple syrup and serve hot. Enjoy your delicious Chicken Fried Mushrooms & Pancake Stacks!