Espresso BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce or ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
3 tbsp Deja Moo seasoning
- ½ tbsp beef tallow (optional, but highly recommended)
- In a medium saucepan combine the tomato sauce (or ketchup), brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar and dark soy sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking and burning.
- Once the sauce is simmering add the Rub & Grub Deja Moo seasoning and beef tallow (if using) and stir until everything is well combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the sauce cool for a few minutes.
- Once the sauce has cooled down transfer it to a jar, bottle, or squeeze bottle for storage. Store the BBQ sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Rub & Grub Deja Moo seasoning is a unique blend of coffee, ancho chilli, herbs and other spices that gives this BBQ sauce a delicious and complex flavour.
Beef tallow is a traditional ingredient in American low & slow style BBQ sauce that adds richness and depth of flavour. If you prefer a lighter sauce you can skip this ingredient or substitute with vegetable oil.