Smash Burger Tacos
Get ready for the ultimate mash-up of juicy burgers and crispy tacos with our irresistible Smash Burger Tacos.
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp American mustard
- 2 tbs sweet relish pickle
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tap paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 500g beef mince, shaped into 60g balls (we like our mince with a bit of fat, so go for that 80/20 brisket mince)
- 8 tortillas (the taco-sized ones)
- 8 slices of burger cheese
- Rub & Grub Deja Moo seasoning
- Shredded lettuce
- White onion, finely diced
- Bread and butter pickles
- Get your sauce game on by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Give it a taste and adjust the flavours to suit your fancy.
- Fire up your BBQ or skillet for some high-heat cooking action. We used a Weber Go-Anywhere BBQ with a Rub & Grub GA Half Smash/Hot Plate. Smash burgers need that sizzling heat to turn out perfect.
- Get your favorite toppings ready. Shred some lettuce, slice that white onion, and grab those delightful bread and butter pickles.
- Place your beef balls on the skillet or smash/hot plate, giving them some space for the tortillas.
- Sprinkle a pinch of Rub & Grub Deja Moo seasoning on each patty, don't be stingy with the flavour.
- Slap a tortilla on top of each patty and press down really hard. You want those patties to be thin. Don't worry if the burger peeks out a bit, it's all part of the charm. Let those patties cook for around 3-4 minutes until they're beautifully browned and crispy on the bottom.
- Using a trusty spatula, flip the tortillas, slap on that cheese, and cover the tacos with a bowl or lid to help that cheese melt into ooey-gooey goodness.
- Once your burgers are cooked to perfection, slide them off the skillet or smash/hot plate and load them up with your favorite toppings.
- Serve them up hot and dig in! Enjoy every scrumptious bite of these delicious Smash Burger Tacos.