Yiros (Gyros/Kebab) Crunch Wrap
IngredientsYiros Crunch Wraps
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 500 grams of lamb or chicken mince
- 2 tablespoons of Rub & Grub Greece Lightning seasoning
- 6 large flour tortillas
- ½ cup of tzatziki sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 2 diced tomatoes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheese (e.g., cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1/3 cup Corn chips, crushed
- Freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 grated cucumber, squeeze out the excess moisture
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb or chicken mince and cook it until it's nice and brown. Give it a stir with a spoon as it cooks. Sprinkle in the Rub & Grub Greece Lightning seasoning and cook for an extra 2-3 minutes. Once done, take it off the heat and set it aside.
- In another frying pan, chuck in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Pop in one tortilla at a time and give them a warm-up for about 30 seconds on each side. Keep going till you've done all the tortillas.
- Time to put together these ripper Yiros Crunch Wraps! Chuck a generous amount of the cooked lamb or chicken mince into the middle of each tortilla and slap on a good dollop of tzatziki sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced red onion, grated cheese, crushed corn chips and chopped parsley over the mince.
- Now, fold up the edges of the tortilla, starting from one side and working your way around, so you end up with a tight wrap.
- Fire up that frying pan again on medium heat. Place the wraps, seam-side down, in the pan. Cook them until the underside goes golden brown, which should take about 2 minutes. Flip them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side turns golden brown too.
- Once the Yiros Crunch Wraps are cooked, give them a snip in half or quarters if you fancy it. Serve them up right away!
Yiros, Gyros, and Kebab are similar dishes with slight variations in name and preparation methods across different regions. Yiros is the term commonly used in Australia and refers to a Greek-inspired wrap or sandwich made with seasoned meat, tzatziki sauce, and various toppings. Gyros is the Greek term for the same dish, typically made with roasted meat (often pork, chicken, or beef) cooked on a vertical rotisserie. Kebab is a broader term used in various cuisines, including Middle Eastern, Turkish, and Indian. It generally refers to skewered and grilled or roasted meat, often served in a wrap or with rice. This recipe combines elements of Greek-inspired yiros or gyros with the concept of a crunch wrap, resulting in a flavourful and satisfying fusion dish.